The supporting information set out below provides more detailed information to the Consultation Document. On conclusion of public consultation, parts of the supporting information will become components within the final adopted Long Term Plan 2018 – 2028 document.
Click on the title to view the documents.
- Council activities – This section contains detailed information about each of Council’s nine activity areas. It sets out why Council undertakes these activities, effects on the community, what is planned, how much the activities cost and how it is funded. [PDF 2 MB]
- Performance framework – The performance framework sets out how Council will monitor and report against community outcomes and levels of service performance. [PDF 204 KB]
- Infrastructure Strategy – The purpose of the Infrastructure Strategy is to identify significant infrastructure issues, the principal options for managing those issues and the implications of those options. [PDF 2 MB]
- Financial Strategy, accounting policies and assumptions (includes the Revenue and Financing Policy) – The purpose of the Financial Strategy is to facilitate prudent financial management and provide a context for consultation on the local authority’s proposals for funding and expenditure by making transparent the overall effects of those proposals on the local authority’s services, rates, debt, and investments. [PDF 636 KB]
- Financial statements – Provide the forecast financial information required for the period covered by the Long Term Plan. [PDF 3 MB]
- Significant forecasting assumptions – These assumptions provide context for the Long Term Plan and, where appropriate, underpin Council planning in response to this context. [PDF 145 KB]
- Proposed schedule of fees and charges 2018 – 2019 – Fees and charges have been reviewed and are being consulted on. Once adopted by Council in June, changes in the fees and charges will take effect from 1 July 2018. [PDF 935 KB]
As part of the Long Term Plan consultation we are seeking feedback on the following policies, which have either changed or are new.
- Draft Development Contributions Policy – An amended policy being reinstated (after it lapsed in 2014) to enable Council to collect development contributions to help fund new infrastructure for new developments. [PDF 686 KB]
- Draft Significance and Engagement Policy – An updated policy with minor amendments to improve its use and incorporate best practice. It is a legal requirement for Council to have this policy. [PDF 388 KB]
- Draft Revenue and Financing Policy (Financial Strategy, accounting policies and assumptions, page 10) – An updated policy with a change to funding for the Animal Control activity and other minor amendments to meet compliance requirements. It is a legal requirement for Council to have this policy. [PDF 636 KB]
- Expressions Whirinaki feasibility study – During the 2015 – 2025 LTP process, we consulted on a plan to redevelop and extend Expressions Whirinaki. At the time the preference was to wait for a feasibility study to be completed to set out the best way forward. The feasibility study was was completed in 2016 to consider detailed options for this project. The study’s outcomes, and inflation since the original planning, have increased the projected cost to $7.4 M (from the previous budget of $4.3 M). Council has committed to funding 1/3 and the Expressions Whirinaki trust is looking to source 2/3 of the funding externally. [PDF 3 MB]