Annual Plan 2019 – 2020
Annual Plan 2019 – 2020 consultation is open now!
Consultation is open from 14 March 2019 to 5.00 pm on Thursday 18 April 2019 and we need your feedback.
Around this time last year, Council undertook extensive consultation on its Long Term Plan 2018 – 2028 and set the direction and key projects for the next 10 years.
This draft Annual Plan covers financial year two of the Long Term Plan, from 1 July 2019 to 30 June 2020. Overall, little has changed for year two, as described in the Long Term Plan, however there are some variances in the timing of some projects and their associated costs, all of which will be included in the Annual Plan 2019 – 2020 document.
You can find more information in the Information/Consultation Document [PDF, 3MB], but here is a brief summary:
- Council is proposing an average net rates increase of 4.87% for 2019 – 2020 (down from 5.51% forecast in the Long Term Plan 2018 – 2028).
- Give us your feedback on our proposed changes to the Economic Development Stimulus Policy; help us shape the upcoming Sustainability Strategy review; and let us know your thoughts on recycling for the next Long Term Plan.
- The key projects commencing in 2019 – 2020 are the Maidstone Max, H2O Xtream and Expressions Whirinaki redevelopments as outlined in the Long Term Plan 2018 – 2028.
Download and view the Supporting information (click on the title to view the documents).
- Draft Annual Plan 2019 – 2020 as supporting information [PDF, 2.86MB]
- Revised Economic Development Stimulus Policy (with tracked changes applied) [PDF, 117KB]
- Draft Schedule of Fees and Charges 2019 – 2020 [PDF, 971KB]
Ways to engage
Have your say on the Annual Plan 2019 – 2020:
- Make a online submission
- Download a submission form
- Email to firstname.lastname@example.org with ‘Annual Plan submission’ as the subject.
You can freepost your completed submission form to us or drop it in at:
- Council reception, 838-842 Fergusson Drive
- Pinehaven Library, Corner Jocelyn Crescent and Pinehaven Road
- Upper Hutt Central Library, 844 Fergusson Drive
Join the discussion at facebook.com/UpperHuttCityCouncil
Come and talk to us in person:
- March Madness Fair | Saturday 16 March, 10 am – 4 pm
- Chat with the Mayor | Upper Hutt Central Library, Tuesday 2 April, 10.30 am
- Business workshop | Expressions Whirinaki, Wednesday 10 April, 7.30 – 9.00 am
We will be hearing oral submissions on this consultation document in late May.
What is an Annual Plan?
Every three years Upper Hutt City Council produces a Long Term Plan setting out the projects, activities and services that we will invest in and develop over a ten year period. We are now into year two of the Long Term Plan 2018 – 2028. The purpose of this Annual Plan 2019 – 2020 is to propose changes for the coming financial year.